Fry Sauce & Grits: Travel Size Obsession! Packing Tips

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Travel Size Obsession! Packing Tips

Let's face it.  Everything is cuter when it's smaller.  Beauty products are no exception.

Why is it that whenever I see something miniature, I instantly want it?  And I always say to myself, "Well, that would be PERFECT for when I travel!"  

You would think I was a world-class explorer with how many travel-sized things I stock up on.  Seeing how at this point in my life, my vacations mostly consist of going to Utah to visit family, I hardly need the arsenal of small toiletries in my linen closet.

So, in an effort to cut back,  I have compiled a list of what I consider to be the most important mini travel items that you should have.  Because if you have 25 mini beauty items, then that sort of defeats the whole travel sized idea, right?

These are great to have packed and ready to go in case a weekend getaway opportunity presents itself.  (fingers crossed here!)

1.  The mini deodorant.

Donna Karen Deodorant from FrySauceandGrits.com
Sephora sells these little gems in a 1 oz. size for $10.  This may seem like a pricey investment for a deodorant.  But, let me tell you it has brought me so much happiness whenever I pack for a trip.  It's adorable.

2.  The travel makeup brush set
Bobbi Brown 'Luxe' Brush Set from FrySauceandGrits.com

  This set is called the Bobbi Brown 'Luxe' Brush Set.  Nordstrom has these pretties available right now.  And for $125, it better be luxe.  But, this is surely an investment piece!  Can't you see the value people?! It folds into the thinest clutch ever, and it will make you feel so streamlined and chic you won't even remember your former self.  

3.  Shampoo and Conditioner

Kiehls Amino Acid Shampoo from FrySauceandGrits.com
Kiehls Amino Acid Conditioner from FrySauceandGrits.com

Shampoo and Conditioner are personal.  I received these travel gems when I attended a Kiehl's training at work.  I love them and used them on my beach trip last month.  The weight of regular sized S&C bottle is too much for a 3 day trip.  Lighten your load.

4. Shaving cream
Skintimate Shave Cream from FrySauceandGrits.com
Drugstore

Let's not over think this one.  It just cuts down so much space.  No need for frills here.  It washes right off, smooth legs are a must.  


5. Hairspray

 Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray from FrySauceandGrits.com

This hairspray is lightweight and perfect for every day.  Small can, love it.

Okay, so this is by no means a complete list.  But, these are the things that I always bring with me, and depending on where I am headed, I will pack more.

This is the amount I would typically pack for a week away.

Must have travel size toiletries from FrySauceandGrits.com


Please share any of your favorite travel items or minis with me.  Or, any other ways you save space and weight while packing.

Another packing secret: I love the "Zip and Ship" method from the girls at MMandLshow.


Check it out, you won't regret it the next time you are headed out of town!  You will feel so relieved knowing you have what you need, and your bag is underweight to boot!

And just because....


Dexter was trying to be a part of my travel products photo.  Sweet guy.


3 comments:

  1. Good info shared here. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to pack a get away bag. Then all my stuff is ready to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this great travel organizer my husband bought me decades ago. It's mostly stocked all the time. All I have to do is throw my makeup in the day we leave — as I'm putting it on — and I'm off.

    Also like to get small travel bottles to refill with stuff bought in bulk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...