Fry Sauce & Grits: A Natural and Feminine Valentine's Date Night Look

Monday, February 10, 2014

A Natural and Feminine Valentine's Date Night Look

I am a member of the Collective Bias Social Fabric Community.  This shop has been compensated as a part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.  All opinions are 100% mine.  #WalgreensBeauty #CollectiveBias

This year I decided that I would take Valentine's Day by the reigns and plan something fun.  McKay's parents are planning on staying with us this weekend and will be watching Amelia as we go to this antique and vintage show and spend some quality time together.  What a hot Valentine's Day date night idea, huh?  I want to make sure I look natural beautiful when we go on our date this weekend.  Wearing sweats everyday when you work at home can become your daily uniform  I'm was really excited when Walgreens who has partnered with Collective Bias asked me to participate in their Walgreens Beauty Date Night Looks!  They asked me to go to Walgreens and pick out some of my favorite beauty products to put together my look for our Valentine's Day date night.

Time is precious to me because I don't have much of time.  Before I was a mom I could take up to a hour and a half to get ready.  Ain't nobody got time for that now!  The quicker I can get ready, the better.  Lately, I've really embraced the whole concept of less is really more when it comes to beauty.  I actually feel prettier when I choose to focus on certain parts of my body, like my hair, lips, and eyes instead of putting on an entire face of makeup.

You don't have to spend a lot of money to look and feel beautiful.    Walgreens is practically in every town in America, and I was so excited I didn't have to drive far away to get to my local Walgreens.  This is really handy when you don't have much time, like I do.  I was so surprised by how many products and brands they carry.  Walgreens is seriously one of the best beauty destinations because they have so many options!  You can tell by the look on Amelia's face, she felt a little overwhelmed with all of the selection, like I did.

Drugstore Best Makeup Picks from Fry Sauce and Grits


Here are my Walgreens beauty picks for my hot Valentine's Date to the antique and vintage show this weekend:

Walgreens Beauty Valentine's Day Date Night Look from Fry Sauce and Grits


1. Suave Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo $3.14
I love this dry shampoo so much!  It's cheap, effective, smells good, and does a great job of soaking up the greasiness of my hair in between washes. My hair is short and lays and works better when it's a little dirty.  I can get by not washing my hair up to four days because of this stuff.  It saves me a lot of time from not having to wash my hair.  It's a god send to women!

2. Sally Hansen Salon Effects Polish Strips in Glitz Blitz $10.49
This last weekend I attended the Build Your Blog Conference and wanted to so something fun with my nails, but didn't want to spend $30 for gel nails.  I picked up these Salon Effects and they were really easy to apply, surprisingly!  No wet polish, no foul odor, and it took less than 15 minutes to apply!  All you do is a little prep, stick the sheets to your nail, file the excess off, and you're done! I have never had so many compliments on my nails before than I did at the conference.  All of my friends were saying how cute and nice they looked.  On the box it says on the polish lasts up to 10 days.

3. Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Berry Soft $3.99
I LOVE lipstick.  But sometimes when you're busy or on the go, you don't have time to sit in front of a mirror and apply lipstick and make sure it looks perfect.  Plus, I like to talk with my hands and I always feel like I'm smudging my lipstick all over my face.  I've heard so many great things about Baby Lips so I thought I'd give it a try.  Well, I'm in love.  I got it in the Berry Soft color because it's more of a spring color and loved how it gave me color in a nice and easy swipe.

4. Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express in Glam Black $7.49
I've been buying drugstore mascara for a while now and have tried every brand.  I keep going back to the Maybelline brand because I truly feel like their formula is the best out there.  My biggest pet peeve about cheap mascara is when it flakes off by the end of the night.  It's so annoying.  I used this during the conference this weekend and by the time I got back to my hotel I had been wearing it for over 16 hours and didn't see one flake on my face!  I like the Colossal Volum' because of the nice thick brush, I really feel like it shapes and lifts the lashes to make them look fuller.

NOTE: I'm not a fashion blogger, but deep down inside I secretly want to be one really bad, but I don't feel comfortable taking pictures of myself.  It's not my thing.  It took me a lot of courage to have my mom take these pictures and post them on here.  I feel like I look so goofy, and obviously I've never been great at taking pictures or posing, so please brace yourself.  Here's my more natural and feminine Valentine's Day hot date night look!  What do you think?

Natural and feminine date night look from Fry Sauce and Grits



Sally Hansen Salon Effects Polish Strips Review from Fry Sauce and Grits


Haha, it was so bright outside, I had to squint!

Drug Store Makeup Review from Fry Sauce and Grits

Thanks to Collective Bias and Walgreens for supporting Fry Sauce and Grits!


12 comments:

  1. I think you are adorable! and i was so glad to meet you over the weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I'm so glad I got to meet the beautiful and talented foodie and photographer behind all of those amazing looking recipes!

      Delete
  2. I love your total look - the makeup and the clothes! I agree about the Maybelline mascara, it's definitely one of my favorites! #client

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Maybelline mascara better than my more expensive counterparts!

      Delete
  3. You are so cute, and have the best style! You should totally do more fashion posts! I also love maybelline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're too funny! So happy I finally got to meet your cute face!

      Delete
  4. Courtney, you're gorgeous! Don't ever feel hesitant to post pictures of yourself again. And thanks for the makeup tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used those gold Sally Hansen nail strips before. LOVED THEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanee, they're so much cheaper than getting them done at the salon!

      Delete
  6. Nice post and really impressive one to remember. thanks for this impressive post
    chennai to tirupati package tour with darshan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so much Rasheed! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...