Fry Sauce & Grits: A Thought on Memorial Day and an Amazing Turkey Feta Burger Recipe!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Thought on Memorial Day and an Amazing Turkey Feta Burger Recipe!

Yahoo!  Today is Memorial Day!  I hope y'all have had a wonderful weekend playing, having fun, doing house projects, and or relaxing!  This weekend has been full of work for us. I posted on Instagram a photo of us ripping out our old carpet in our living room.  We're installing new floors, baseboards, tile, and will be painting our doors.

Today is a day that a lot of us get together with close friends and family and remember those we lost who served our country.  Last year for Memorial Day my family and I visited my Grandpa's grave site.  I was really close with my Grandpa.  He served in WWII and was enlisted a month after my grandparents were married.  He was lucky enough to have survived lived until he was 92 and was married to my Grandma for almost 70 years.  He lived a long happy and fulfilling life, but it was still was hard to say goodbye.

On this Memorial Day I'm so grateful for those brave and strong men and women who have given up their lives to serve our country so that my family and I can live with the freedoms we have.  I know most of us take our freedoms for granted, I know I do.  I was thinking about how lucky I am to have the freedom to write my random thoughts and opinions on this blog.  That my family can practice our faith and religion, my children will be able to have an education, and that I have the opportunity to shape my future.  So thank you to all of those service women and men who have served our country!

If you're firing up the grill up today and want to make something that is easy, delicious, and healthy then you gotta make these Feta and Spinach Turkey Burgers. These are perfect if you're watching your carb intake, or trying to eat healthy.

Feta and Spinach Turkey Burger Recipe from Fry Sauce and Grits




These burgers take minutes to make.  These are the raw burgers right before I put them on the grill.

Greek Turkey Burger from Fry Sauce and Grits

Don't they look so good?!  Well, they are!

Healthy Feta and Spinach Turkey Burger Fry Sauce and Grits

Dress up your burger with some red leaf lettuce, tzatziki sauce, red onion, cucumber, tomato, and a dash of salt, pepper, and dill. 

Greek Feta and Spinach Turkey Burger Recipe from Fry Sauce and Grits

Feta and Spinach Turkey Burgers (makes 4 burgers)
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
ground black pepper, to taste
tomato, sliced
red leaf lettuce
tzatziki sauce (I like the brand from Costco)
cucumber, sliced
red onion, thinly sliced
dash of dill 

Directions: Combine the first nine ingredients in a large bowl. Form into 4 patties, then grill. Serve on Sandwich Thins, low carb pita bread, or wrap up lettuce. Place a slice of tomato, cucumber, red onion, slather tazkiki sauce, and a dash of salt, pepper, and dill. 

Nutritional Info per serving: 290 calories, 18 g fat, 3.5 carbs, 27 g protein (add any nutritional info for bread)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...