Fry Sauce & Grits: Caitlin & Sam's Wedding

Monday, May 19, 2014

Caitlin & Sam's Wedding


Last week was the week! Caitlin and Sam tied the knot and my entire family and I are so happy and excited for them. The day was absolutely beautiful, it was warm, sunny, and pretty much the most perfect day to have a wedding.  They got married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple and their reception was at the Grand Hall at The Gateway.  Caitlin and Sam's wedding was simple, elegant, and had an ethereal/antique flare.    




Caitlin's dress is BLHDN, but she got it on a website where a bride was selling it for half the price because she changed venue.  Her shoes are from Nordstrom Rack.  

My parents have a part of their garden where cascades of lily of the valleys pop up every spring.  Caitlin really wanted to use these super fragrant flowers for her bouquet, but didn't know if they would still be good to use because they only last for about two weeks and die.  Caitlin got lucky because my Mom was able to get enough to make her beautiful bouquet.  


I just love Caitlin's dress.  Caitlin found this dress on Once Wed, a place where brides can list their previously owned wedding dresses.  Caitlin scored with her dress because the bride she bought it from, never wore the dress because she changed her venue.  So she got for half the price the first bride bought it for.  Her simple antique inspired brooch was also purchased at BHLDN on sale.   




This is our cousin Brittany and I just love her minty Kate Spade bag she was wearing.  She's a pretty big deal, she's the Director of Communications for a state back East.  


Amelia was a little terror while we were waiting outside.  I think she ripped out four flower plants from the grounds.  


Caitlin and Sam and their photographer Mikki Platt photo bombed our family picture!  I got my dress at a consignment store, my cardigan is from Old Navy, the headband I'm wearing I borrowed from Melanie and it's from Forever 21, my jewelry is my own, and my heels are the shoes I wore to my wedding seven years ago.    

Say hello to the infamous Magleby's Chocolate Cake.  If you live in Utah, it's worth the trip to Utah County and getting a slice.  Here's a copycat recipe here.  Caitlin and Sam didn't want a fancy looking cake, they actually wanted it to taste great.  So the opted for a smaller cake and splurged on the crepe making stations for their reception.


I have dreams about this cake and how Bruce Bogtrotter from the movie Matilda had to eat something like 


The Grand Hall is so beautiful.  It used to be the old grand station where trains from the West and East met and dropped off hundred of thousands of passengers.  I love the jade green and white and black mosaic tile, gold trim, and beautiful murals.  It's so high class.  Back in my high school days, my Junior Prom was held here.  



They had these radiator covers against the walls of the room and Caitlin placed her stunning bridal pictures on them. I love the gold detail of these!  I'm in heaven. 


The little flower girls in their matching dresses. 


Sorry Caitlin, this is the best shot I got of you guys and of course your mouth is open. #photographerfail


This is probably one of my favorite pictures.  You can see so much joy in their eyes and how excited they are to start their lives, and to have their honeymoon start. 


Sam and Caitlin were so happy and proud of you!  Have fun on your honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...