Fry Sauce & Grits: Feature Friday: McKenzie from Girl Loves Glam

Friday, July 11, 2014

Feature Friday: McKenzie from Girl Loves Glam

So here on Fry Sauce and Grits were going to do something a little different each Friday.  We want to share with you some of our favorite bloggers in the blog universe.  We started Fry Sauce and Grits over a year ago and we've have met hundreds of bloggers by attending blog conferences, events, and workshops.  There's some truly creative and inspiring men and women out there and we wanted to share with you some of our favorites each week and who were swooning over.  So welcome to the first Feature Friday! 



I knew exactly who I wanted to feature this first week.  Her name is McKenzie and she's from the uber chic blog called Girl Loves Glam.  I remember the first moment I met her at the 2013 Build Your Blog Conference.  This was my first conference I've ever attended, we hadn't even started Fry Sauce and Grits yet.  I helped organize and plan it with the girls from Six Sisters' Stuff.  

When I met McKenzie, it reminded me a lot like the first time Ann Shirley met Diana Barry in Anne of Green Gables.  They became instant bosom and kindred spirit friends.  I felt this same way with McKenzie.  We had a lot in common and were going through the same circumstances in life: had a baby girl, our husbands were going back to school, we both loved fashion, style, and we just clicked.

I really look up to McKenzie because she's the definition of a hustler.  No, not the dirty kind, but the kind where she's always doing awesome and amazing stuff on her blog and she's a busy gal!  Not only is she a successful blogger and does that full time, she's a wife, mother, and is a hairstylist.  She's always pushing the envelope and trying and doing new things.  I always ask her for her advice and she is a Wikipedia, I swear.  McKenzie is one of the sweetest and most kind people I know.  She's so down to earth, funny, and she's from a small town in Idaho which why I love her even more.  Make sure to check her out, she's definitely worthy of following.  


Hey! I am McKenzie and I am the blogger behind the lifestyle and beauty blog, Girl Loves Glam! Although my life isn't always the most glamorous as a wife and mother, I like to look for the little glamorous things that happen to make each day special. My blog is a place where I can celebrate life, share beauty tips and crazy DIY projects, and to connect with women about my adventures in motherhood. I have to pinch myself to realize that I get to do what I love each day. I love being a mom, I am a total computer nerd, and I love creating pretty things! 

Right now, I am working on getting my house ready to sell! I have some great projects coming up about some house updates that I am working on. I am also working on some really great beauty tutorial videos coming your way as part of my YouTube Mondays. They are going to rock your socks off! 

Check out some of my favorite posts:







Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...