Fry Sauce & Grits: Annnnnd We're Back!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Annnnnd We're Back!


I'm so happy to be back on the Blogosphere! Sam and I are back from our honeymoon and have gotten all settled into our tiny apartment. It may be the size of a shoe box, but it is cozy! We've gotten rid of all the boxes, and we're getting started on some fun projects to spice up the bare walls. So stay tuned! There will be some challenging and fun projects, since we don't have a whole lot of storage.

Courtney posted a great overview of our wedding which can be found here. In the meantime, I thought I would share with you a few of our Bridals and talk a little bit about my thoughts leading up to the wedding.

We used Mikki Platt as our photographer, and let me say that she was incredible! Sam and I wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for a creative, funny, and easy-going photographer. She really went the extra mile by rushing our order, when I accidentally ordered our prints for the reception a little late. Woops... Anyway, we couldn't be happier with these beautiful images. She captured the look and feeling we were going for.


We took our Bridals in a bright studio where everything was white -- the walls, the floor, the ceiling, the curtains-- everything was a blank palette. I was a little nervous when we walked in, but I think it turned out great. I love the clean and crisp look.


Once we were finished shooting in the studio we went outside the Rio Grand train station in Salt Lake. They had some pretty cool windows to shoot in front of. 


The day before the wedding I spent with my mom and sisters getting our nails done and doing some last minute shopping. After that I went outside to help my mom pick the lilies of the valley that were to be used in my bouquet and Sam's boutonniere. You can see a picture of my bouquet here. It was an exciting thought to think that I was able to pick the flowers for my own bouquet. It made it all that much more special.

Stay tuned for some DIY projects as Sam and I get a little more acquainted with living in a little less than 400 square feet of space.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...