Fry Sauce & Grits: Gussied Up Gatsby Style

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Gussied Up Gatsby Style

Lately, I can't get enough of the Gatsby craze!  Much to my dismay, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have been dying ever since I saw the preview.  The drop waist dresses, the art deco feel, the pin curls and wave sets. Swoon!

Great Gatsby Carrie Mulligan
Source


Here in Alabama, the days are getting warmer, and the air is feeling heavy and I need a quick and simple hairdo I can do when I'm in a rush in the mornings.

This has proven to be just the ticket!

Here is the step by step tutorial.

Things you'll need:

1. A stretchy headband.  I have found I like it to have the double-looped elastic on the back because you can tuck the hair under one elastic, and then secure it against your head with the other elastic.

2. A comb

3. Maybe a few bobby pins

4. A light hair spray, I like Fekkai Sheer Hold


Gatsby Hair Tutorial from FrySauceandGrits.com

Model: Brittany Poe, Makeup: Melanie Dobson


1. Part your hair and place the headband over the top of the head.

2.  Slide the headband down over the crown at a position that is comfortable for you.

3. Start by taking one section and wrapping it up under one of the elastics.

4. Then, take larger sections, and wrap the hair around and keep tucking until the rest of the hair is rolled up under the elastic.

5.  I like more of an asymmetrical look, and gather the hair more to one side.


Ta da! Super quick Gatsby hair!  Like they say down here, "Easy as pie!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...