Fry Sauce & Grits: Avocado Toast Recipe

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Avocado Toast Recipe

I want to share with you my new favorite snack/breakfast/treat.  I've been doing my best to eat well more consistently and I needed to switch things up from eating my protein powder for snacks everyday.  I introduce you to the Avocado Toast!

I posted this picture onto Instagram and had a flood of comments on how to take this snack into the next
level!




Avocado Toast Makes 4 toasts
4 slices of organic whole wheat bread toasted
1 ripe avocado
dash of salt and pepper, garlic and onion powder, and cumin

Cut, and scoop out avocado and place in a small bowl.  Smash avocado with a fork until it creates a chunky texture.  Dash salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and cumin.  Spread on top of toast and tada!

To add an extra punch to the toast add a sunny side up egg or sprouts!


8 comments:

  1. Avocado is all that you had to say. I am so there. This looks like a breakfast that will fill me up all the way to lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate one the other day with an egg and I wasn't hungry until lunch! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I so wish the rest of my family would love avocados as much as I do. I'm day dreaming of a super runny egg oozing on top of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could like avocados. I think I need to give them another try! Thanks for sharing this at the DBB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely give avocados another try!

      Delete
  4. Yum! The other day I substituted a yummy, perfectly rip avocado for mayo on a sandwich and it was one of the best I've ever had! I've also had avocados and tomatoes with my eggs, but I love the idea of spreading it on toast first and placing the egg on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, I've used avocado instead of mayo and I totally agree, adds so much more flavor to the sandwich! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...