Fry Sauce & Grits: Nutter Butter Owl Valentines

Friday, January 17, 2014

Nutter Butter Owl Valentines

Hello Fry Sauce and Grits readers! My name is Melissa and I blog over at My Mommy Style. We blog about family, food, fashion, photography and fun! I am thrilled to guest post here today. I've only officially met Courtney, but with my red hair I feel like I fit right in over here!

Today I'm going to share a simple and fun Valentine treat idea with you. I have been obsessed with dipped Nutter Butter cookies lately. They are the perfect canvas for a super easy and adorable treat with no baking required!
Nutter Butter Owl Valentines from My Mommy Style


All you need for these cute little guys is:
  • Nutter Butters
  • white candy melts
  • pink food coloring
  • heart sprinkles
  • mini chocolate chips
  • wax paper
  • pretzel rods (for the tree branch, optional)
First you melt the candy melts in the microwave and whisk together, add a little pink food coloring, or color of your choice and mix together. Dip your nutter butters until they are completely covered and transfer to some wax paper. Add heart sprinkles for the feathers on the belly and head and let dry completely. Add some melted white candy melts to a zip lock bag and snip the corner to make the wings and eyes. Add a mini chocolate chip to each eye for the pupil. Depending on how runny your candy melts are you may have to stick he owls in the freezer between each eye so they don't run together, 10-15 seconds is plenty of time to make them firm. Add an orange heart sprinkle for the beak.   That's it! You're done! You can place your owls in a treat bag and tie one of these Valentine tags to each one with a festive ribbon. Click HERE for the free tag printable. Valentine free printables  
You can also check out my other Valentine's Day Nutter Butter treats by clicking on photo below.

nutter butter ideas

 Or for more Valentine's Day treats and crafts visit us at MyMommyStyle.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Pinning to share with my fans, and maybe my kids will be big enough for this next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jamie H! There's endless possibilities with the nutter butters!

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness those are so stinking cute! pinning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those girls at My Mommy Style are so talented!

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness I am making these asap, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all these are sooo cute! I don't know if mine would turn out this cute but I do know my girls and I would have the best time trying! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I don't know how perfect mine would end up looking!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...