Fry Sauce & Grits: Big Announcement!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Big Announcement!

I have something I have been meaning to tell you...



Andrew and I are expecting a baby, due December 12th!

Yes, Dexter, it's true!


The week I found out I was expecting, I had taken a pregnancy test on Friday, and it was negative.  So, the weekend went by and Monday came--nothing.

Andrew and I had the day off together and we were running some errands around town.  We happened to be right next to a Dollar Tree, and so I told him to pull over, I was going to run in and grab another test.  A coworker of mine had told me once that she only bought the dollar store pregnancy tests because they worked just as well.  And, if you've been to buy a test at the regular grocery store lately, they run around $8 a piece.  So, I ran in and bought 3 tests.

We didn't get home until later that afternoon.  I took the first test, and it was a little harder to read, but i was pretty sure it was positive.  But, then I didn't really trust it either because it was a dollar store test.

So...I took all three tests.  Positive. Positive. Positive.

Then, I made Andrew drive with me to Target to buy a "real" one.  Took that one too, positive.


Two of the dollar store tests next to the other "real" one I took.

Now you can learn from my experience, the dollar store tests are legit!

The second and third month of pregnancy I fought all day nausea.  I hate the term "morning sickness" because it doesn't just happen in the morning folks!  I was eating Saltines and sipping ginger ale nonstop.

But, the past few weeks have been better.  And, I even got to have another ultrasound last week and this time it looked like a REAL baby! The first one they did at 8 weeks the baby looked more like a blob.

We are so excited to start our family, we have been trying for a baby for some time now.  I'm sure I will need all of your baby/new mama advice, so bring it on!



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What exciting news. I had heard the same thin about the dollar tree tests, but when I used one...it didn't even work! haha. I hope you keep feeling better. From someone who had "morning" sickness my entire pregnancy, I know how miserable it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! :) I totally did the same thing with Darwin--the dollar store test and then had to go get a "real" one. We are so happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to be an auntie and for Melanie to be a mommy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...