Fry Sauce & Grits: A Southern Bride

Friday, November 8, 2013

A Southern Bride

In August, I  had the pleasure of traveling down to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to do the makeup for a stunning bride and her wedding party.

Shanleigh was a pleasure to work with. She was such a beautiful bride, inside and out.  It's when I get to work with clients like her-- that I am reminded how much I love what I do.  We kept her makeup simple and classic with a romantic feel.

Her wedding was featured on the Mariee Ami blog this week.  The images were shot by Scottie Jones Photography.


She wore her mother's wedding dress which she had refashioned to fit her frame.  I loved that gown, especially the sleeves and neckline.  Knockout!


Shanleigh and her mother.


Mandatory shoe shot.





There is such a special charm surrounding a southern wedding.  It's hard to describe, but for me it's almost like I step back in time for a day.  Tradition, love, beauty, family and lush flowers take center stage.


Look at that cake!



Congrats to the newlyweds!





8 comments:

  1. were you the photographer or did you just happen to catch these amazing shots? What a gorgeous wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the makeup artist actually!
      The photography was done by Scottie Jones Photography in Tuscaloosa, AL.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous wedding. Love the elegant simplicity. Her make-up is fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was! Thank you, she wasn't hard to make gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful - love everything about this wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous wedding, I love it!! The bride looks amazing, how fun to get to be a part of such a special day for them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your article and get very important information in addition if you have any query you can click here.
    Bridal beauty Alabama

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...