Fry Sauce & Grits: Thanksgiving Tablescape Roundup

Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving Tablescape Roundup

Thanksgiving Tablescape Roundup from FrySauceandGrits.com


I have always wanted to host a Thanksgiving dinner in my own place, and so I decided a while ago that 2013 was the year!  It's not like I'll be 9 months pregnant and still working. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking, but alas, I am still excited!

I've been searching the web high and low for some Thanksgiving tablescape ideas.  I want something simple and easy to clean up.  But, something that looks nice!  And since I don't want to be standing over the sink washing my china with my newly formed swollen cankles, I am looking at paper good options as well!  Who says Thanksgiving can't be casual and chic?!

Here are a few ideas I have stumbled across that I thought might give you some last minute inspiration. Remember, Thanksgiving is about reminding ourselves of our blessings from God, the people we love, and of course the food!  Tablescapes are not that important, so keep it simple.



Rustic Table Thanksgiving from FrySauceandGrits.com

I love the simplicity of this Rustic Modern design.  Clean lines and easy colors.  Probably something you could throw together with stuff you have around the house or a quick jaunt to Target.

This next idea is probably highest on my list of things to try.  I love me some gold.  I can't stop.  This gold combo kills it with a black and white stripe.  

Gold and Stripe Thanksgiving Table from FrySauceandGrits.com

I also love this idea that layers polka dots, with more white, black and gold and lots of fresh pops of color from the flowers.  This might be too ambitious for me this year though.

Polka Dot Table Setting from FrySauceandGrits.com

Another simple gold option: Spray paint everything gold, throw some branches and pine cones on the table and keep the rest neutral.  Seems easy enough.

Neutral Tablescape Ideas for Thanksgiving from FrySauceandGrits.com

This is an elegant combination of black and gold.  It makes me REALLY want some gold flatware, and I'd take that china too.  One day maybe!

Modern Tablescape Ideas from FrySauceandGrits.com

Well, I hope you've picked up a couple ideas or inspirations for your Thanksgiving table.  I will be posting the photos for what I end up doing.  Don't get too excited, I'm going to try and make it easy!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute! I might have to decorate my table if I get time this week- I usually only decorate it with food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, the food is the most important part!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...