Fry Sauce & Grits: Lip Chubby Roundup & Reviews

Monday, April 7, 2014

Lip Chubby Roundup & Reviews

I'll let you know that these reviews are from my own beauty curiosity.  I purchased each of these products in order to test them out on my own.




My obsession with lip crayons began years ago with a Clinique version called the Chubby Stick.  I loved that little chubby crayon.  And then they did as they do with every product you fall in love with--they discontinued it.

The good news is Clinique brought back the Chubby Stick a few years ago, and now they have more colors than ever.  I love it because it gratifies my non-commital lipstick personality.  Most days, I opt for a sheer balmy lip color instead of a punchy bold lip.  That's just what I feel most comfortable in.



I love the Mega Melon and Heaping Hazelnut colors, but they are all sheer and pretty.

I have broadened my lip crayon obsession to include a few others and I thought I would share with you which ones I like the best.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable



My much-trusted product-junkie friend Chelsea introduced me to this one via her Instagram and I love it!  It gives you a stain with a balm that lasts about half the day on my lips and doesn't dry them out.  The color Honey is a nice pinky nude that would look natural on pretty much anyone.  It's great for my "mom hair don't care" days.
Dorky selfie wearing the Revlon in "Honey"

Flower Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby

Drew Barrymore has got it going on with her new makeup line called "Flower" sold exclusively in Walmart, you can buy it here too if you don't want to go to Wally World.  I picked up the Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in "Life's a Peach."  It's the perfect pale peach color, it is for sure more of a matte texture, but it's creamy and not dry.  I end up usually swiping a little gloss on top to give it a subtle sheen.
photo

Bobbi Brown Art Stick

This one is definitely more of a lipstick and liner combo for when you're wanting a more pigment on your lips.  Bobbi released 8 vivid shades.  I love that it's easy and quick to apply, no fussing with another lipliner.

photo


Well that's my lip crayon roundup!  If there are other products you want reviewed, leave me a comment and I will be your beauty guinea pig!





4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried these yet. I love the peach color. Can't wait to picks some up. Pinning. Stopping by from @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I haven't tried any of these either, and I'm always looking for new ways to make my thin lips look fuller. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, you'll love the no hassle application with these!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...