Fry Sauce & Grits: "Grits" Comes into Town

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Grits" Comes into Town

Hello!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  I sure did!  My sister Melanie, aka "Grits" came into town this week from Alabama!  I love it when sister comes into town. I love being able to spend everyday with her doing something fun, chatting, and taking it easy.  Normally we talk a lot on the phone or Skype with each other.  It was really good to see her and her little pregnant belly.

We did some fun things, we went to the cute Oh Sweet Sadie Boutique, saw Austenland, ate a lot of baklavas and gyros at the Salt Lake City Greek Festival, toured my town's local Garden Show, and Caitlin and I hosted Melanie a baby shower with all of our family and friends.  Melanie is doing a really cute mermaid theme nursery, so Caitlin and I thought we would host a mermaid theme shower and it turned out really cute.  We had it at my parents backyard.  Check out some of the pictures from this week.


Caitlin riding her bicycle with Maizie.




Found this awesome Lone Ranger wig at the Disney Store.  I couldn't resist.


At the Greek Festival!


Loukoumades!



Gyro, Spanakopita, and Pastitsio!


Caitlin dancing with dirty and naked Amelia.


A beautiful backyard at the garden show.


Mel opening up gifts.


This baby is so adorable!


The baby shower goers.


The cougars are out!


A mermaid spread.  I used the same decorations I used for Amelia's birthday party.


Isn't that bib so awesome!  Melanie's crafty and artsy friend handmade it!  When she starts selling them, I'll let you know!  I want to buy a bunch of these!

Melanie went home today (tear).  Back to the daily grind.  What did you do this weekend?  I would love to hear some of the fun things you did with you and your family!

11 comments:

  1. What?! No mention of the corndog?!? Hee hee! Glad I got to meet her, she's adorable! Looks like you did lots of fun stuff :)

    Yvonne @ TriedandTasty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne! How could I forget that delicious part of our week! I didn't take a picture of one! This means I need to go again!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That looks like you guys had a blast! Hopefully everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun hanging out with you at Oh Sweet Sadie! I saw you again running yesterday morning. You go girl!

      Delete
  3. What a fun weekend! It's always a blast having family visit. My weekend consisted of tennis lessons, going to the park with my husband and daughter, and lots and lots of football. Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami! That sounds like fun! I love weekends like that where you get to spend REAL quality time with the family.

      Delete
  4. Fun weekend! I know Melanie's husband, Andrew. He served in San Antonio, where I'm from. Small world! :) I wish I could have met you guys at Oh Sweet Sadie. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie! No way! What a small world. Were you there at the bloggers night? I wish we could have met you too!

      Delete
    2. Yep, I was there! :) I wished we were wearing name tags so I could have actually put names to faces!

      Delete
  5. gosh I just love this! so fun and you girls are darling. Love ya court and it was sooo good to Mel {grits} :) the other day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whitney, you're so kind and sweet to comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...