Fry Sauce & Grits: Decorating Your Dorm Room On a Budget

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Decorating Your Dorm Room On a Budget

I like to think that you can tell a lot about a person, by taking a peep into their college dorm room.

DIY college, dorm room, essentials, dorm furniture, college bugdet, fry sauce and grits




Unfortunately, most dorms don't look like this.  But a girl can dream of natural-timber-frame-beams, hardwood floors, and an endless supply of natural light, can't she? (sigh!)
My college room is in need of a revamping of sorts.   The inspiration for my design is none other than this song:



The problem with making mood boards is that about 90% of the time I can't afford a single thing I put on there, so I found some thrifty alternatives:

Splurge:
West Elm Industrial Task Table Lamp
$79.00
Thrift:
Penn Task Lamp, Pool
PB Teen Penn Task Lamp
$35.00
Splurge:
Zuo Modern Union Square Office Chair
$207.62

Thrift:
Antique Quartersawn Oak Office Chair
Gift from my Dad!
So I've set a budget of $100, and a deadline (because I once learned that a well set goal is one that is specific, and has a time frame).  This is the first post in a series of where I'm going to be finding ways in which I can decorate my college room on a budget.  Stay tuned to see how my DIY projects and plans turn out!

4 comments:

  1. You know, I like the "thrift" lamp better! Love the aqua color. Great post. Been a long time since I've been in a college dorm but MY room years ago could have been condemned as a health-hazard! LOL
    Thankfully, I grew up. Hallelujah!

    New follower, fan, etc. here!
    Would LOVE it if you'd stop by my blog for Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop.
    Blessings,
    Sinea
    Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for stopping by Sinea! We will most definitely stop by for your blog hop!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness - that desk is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Jenna? Wish I had the funds to buy it...but stay tuned, I'm going to try to repaint my current desk to look similar.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...