Fry Sauce & Grits: Easy Quinoa Salad with Sesame Lime Dressing Recipe

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Easy Quinoa Salad with Sesame Lime Dressing Recipe

don't know about you but I sometimes get in a lunch rut.  My husband has been feeling the brunt of this rut (so sorry honey).  I LOVE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but when you make them almost everyday you tend to go a little cray cray. 

At the beginning of the year I was able to lose the 35 pounds I gained from having Amelia in 2012.  It wasn't easy, it was a lot of work of waking at times no one should have to wake up at to go to the gym, eating the right kinds of foods and eating the right size portions.  





Sadly, I've fallen off the wagon when it comes to eating healthy and staying active.  I swear the baking season and stress can do one to your mind and body.  My goal is to slowly get myself back where I was going to the gym more regularly and eating more healthy.

I can give credit to losing that weight and getting back on track to eating healthy foods like this Quinoa Salad with Sesame Lime Dressing recipe.  This has become one of my favorite recipes!    

Quinoa has so many health benefits!  Did you know that quinoa has six grams of protein?!  This salad is jammed pack full of nutrients, satisfying, delicious, healthy, and filling at the same time.  This is my to-go salad for potlucks and for lunch because it packs well and is super easy to make!

Easy Quinoa Salad Recipe from FrySauceandGrits.com

Quinoa Salad with Sesame Lime Dressing (Makes 4 servings)
Boil 1 cup organic Quinoa until done (follow directions on package) Rinse well after boiling 
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup raisins
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
Juice from 2 limes
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions: Combine all ingredients except sesame oil and lime juice.  Mix 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil with lime juice, toss into salad. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled. 

Recipe adapted from Leanmoms.com 

Nutrition per serving 1 cup: 324 Calories, Carbs 46 grams, Fat 12g, Protein 11g

7 comments:

  1. If I was a quinoa fan, this would be on my make soon list b/c it sounds fab! Maybe I can swap quinoa for brown rice. :)

    ~Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, I still love you. Yes, brown rice would taste good in this recipe.

      Delete
  2. This looks wonderfully delicious! We love quinoa in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 35 lbs?! Get out of here! You go girl!!! I'm loving this recipe - nutrient packed AND looks delicious: WIN! Pinned!

    Yvonne @ TriedandTasty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally in a lunch rut! Perfect timing. I am going to pin so I can make it Sunday night and have it ready to go for the week:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...