Fry Sauce & Grits: 2 Ingredient Ice Cream: No Ice Cream Maker Required!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

2 Ingredient Ice Cream: No Ice Cream Maker Required!



Summer is almost over and as a last ditch effort to enjoy it, I want to eat all the peaches and ice cream I can in August!  Nom nom nom.

Some amazing ice cream connoisseur friends passed on this recipe to me, and I couldn't wait to try it!  (Thank you Alex & Elisa!) I've always wanted an ice cream maker, but haven't felt like I would use it enough to warrant the price tag.  Then in comes this delicious and ridiculously easy ice cream recipe.

I'm warning you--this is the most simple recipe ever!!

I actually made 2 different varieties.  A full fat one, and an experimental lower fat one.




The "full fat" version calls for

2 cups of heavy whipping cream
1 140z can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp of vanilla


Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.  I used my Kitchenaid stand mixer.  Then pour in the sweetened condensed milk and turn the mixer back on until well blended.  Add a teaspoon of vanilla. Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.

The "lighter" version calls for 


1 tub of Cool Whip
1 140z can of fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp of vanilla 



Combine the Cool Whip and the can of sweetened condensed milk in the mixer until fluffy.  Add teaspoon of vanilla.  Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.

The next morning (yes, ice cream in the morning) Andrew and I did a taste test on both of the ice cream versions.  The consensus was: the "full fat" one was better and tasted more like ice cream.  The texture was the same as ice cream.  The "lighter" version was a little bit more gelatin textured and didn't seem quite like ice cream to us.

Whichever version you choose, you can leave it plain vanilla flavored, or you can add mix ins.  You can stir in whatever fruit you have on hand, or get creative and add flavorings.  Mint Oreo anyone?

I prefer mine vanilla, topped with some delicious Georgia peaches.


2 comments:

  1. I love a good ice cream where no maker is required. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love homemade icecream, and can't wait to try this simple version!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...