Fry Sauce & Grits: Zucchini & Kale Savory Cakes

Friday, August 9, 2013

Zucchini & Kale Savory Cakes

Hello, it's Caitlin here!
Last week I went to my local Saturday Farmer's Market, and I scored a bunch of kale, and a HUGE zucchini for just $2.00.  Talk about a deal!  I know that kale has been all the rage at the moment due to its high fiber, and nutrient content, so I was excited until I realized I wasn't sure how to prepare it...  Rookie mistake. Luckily my room mate, April, had shared her zucchini pancake recipe with me, and I thought, why not combine them both?

Zucchini and Kale Savory Cakes from FrySauceandGrits.com


Although I cannot guarantee this recipe will score you a boyfriend, I can say that if you're looking for a quick and easy meal, and want to not feel completely guilty afterwards, then this is a recipe for you!

Ingredients
2 cups grated and drained zucchini
1 cup chopped kale
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 chopped onion
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 clove freshly chopped garlic
salt to taste
2 Tablespoons olive oil

Directions
1. Once you have drained your zucchini in a colander, combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.  Stir and mix ingredients thoroughly.
2. On medium heat, pour a bit of olive oil onto your saute pan.  With a spoon scoop the mixture into little patties, cook on both sides, until golden brown.  Serve with fresh salsa or chopped tomatoes sprinkled on top.  Yields approximately 2 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...