Fry Sauce & Grits: Antique Show Finds

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Antique Show Finds

A couple weeks ago McKay and I left the little darling home with my in laws and we decided to go on a post Valentine's date and do some good ole shopping at the local antique show in Ogden.  I love antiques and one of my favorite shows is the Antique Roadshow, so nerdy I know. We had a great time walking around, looking at old stuff, talked about if we had all of the money in the world what antiques we would buy, and finding some great gems.



Isn't this hand held mirror beautiful?  Looks like something Rose from Titanic would own.  


This doll freaked me out when I first saw it.  I warmed up to it after a while.  


This is a beautiful saw oak bench from the 1920's. 


I really like these hand puppets.  At a whopping $100 bucks each, they looked better from a far.


This early 1900's money scale would make a beautiful and fun statement piece in a large home.


I love this old water suit helmet.  If I had a beach house, this would be standing in the corner of my great room next to the fireplace and comfy sofa overlooking the water.  I can dream, right?


And my favorite, this vintage bra from the 1940's.  The guy who was selling it, weird I know, told me the woman who owned it wrote messages to her husband on the cups and band of the bra saying that he was the only one allowed to touch this bra!    


I'm really regretting not getting this vintage pearl peter pan collar necklace from Japan. 

McKay and I had so much fun.  After being there for two hours we were exhausted from walking around.  We're old nerds.  Hope y'all had a great Valentine's Day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...