Fry Sauce & Grits: Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

Last year I was on a quest to lose the 35 pounds I lost from having my first baby, Amelia.  I enrolled into this program called LeanMoms and pretty much changed my life when it came to understanding and learning how to eat healthy and exercise to lose weight.  One of my favorite recipes from this program was this decadent Chocolate Coconut Macaroon recipe!  This treat helped me to get through those times when I wanted to eat a dozen donuts or an entire carton of ice cream.  They're so delicious, sweet, and have the nicest hint of saltiness to them, I'm sure you'll fall in love with them too!  

Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons from Fry Sauce and Grits


Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (makes 10 servings)

1 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1/3 cup dates, finely chopped
2 TBSP agave nectar or honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP protein powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil

Directions: in a medium bowl, mix coconut flakes with cocoa powder until coconut is completely covered with powder.  Add walnuts and dates to a food processor and pulse until the mixture becomes finely chopped and sticky.  Add coconut flakes and cocoa powder mixture, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, protein powder, salt, and coconut oil.  Blend until mixture holds together when pressed.  Form batter into round balls by hand, about 1 TBSP each.  Freeze for two hours.   Two balls equals one serving.

Nutritional Info: 183 calories, 13g Fat, 16g Carbs, 5g Fiber, 3g Protein

For more delicious and healthy recipes, make sure to check out these!


Paleo Avocado Chocolate Gelato from Fry Sauce and Grits



Paleo Chocolate Coconut Mug Muffin Fry Sauce and Grits



Quinoa Salad with Sesame Lime Dressing from Fry Sauce and Grits


7 comments:

  1. I so Pinned the coconut macaroon recipe. I would love for you to share on my Chic By You Link Party @ http://chicbytab.blogspot.ca/2014/03/chic-by-you-wednesday-link-party-3.html. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I will be featuring this tonight at my Winter Blues Wednesday party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They are amazing! I can't stop eating them!

      Delete
  4. Love this and that it is paleo even better! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandra, that means so much coming from you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...