Fry Sauce & Grits: Bra Event and Southern Utah Trip

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bra Event and Southern Utah Trip

Earlier this week, I wrote a post about the 29 things you need to do in Southern Utah, go here to read.  All of these ideas came from years of going down there and fine tuning the things we love doing down there.  I wanted to share with you some of the pictures from our trip this weekend.

Last month during the Build Your Blog Conference, bloggers were coming up to me and asking me their bra questions.  I love it how I'm becoming as the boob expert in the blogging community.  A bunch of my new friends I met were from Southern Utah.  The idea came to me to do a bra fitting event down there the next time I'm there.  Well, it happened to work out perfectly because McKay has been wanting to run in a 10K.  So we thought, why not make a weekend trip down there where we kill five birds with one stone: bra fitting event, get away, rest, play, and 10K.  Perfect, done!
I contacted Dillard's at the Red Cliff Mall and they were so generous to let me bring all of my blogging friends to their store and let me fit them.  Here's the invitation to the event:

Bra Fittings by Courtney from Fry Sauce and Grits

The night turned out so much fun.  I had around 15 women there and I saw some really sad fitting bras, and none of the women were wearing the correct bra size, but am happy to tell you that all of them NOW know their correct bra size!  Of course I meant to take some photos of the event, but was a little busy, so thanks to Kelly from Dixie Dollar Deals, Kristine from The Foley Family, and Cerrisse from The Posh Daisy for Instagramming and for taking the pictures below!  

Dillard's Bra Fitting Event from Fry Sauce and Grits

Kelly from Dixie Dollar Deals

We had to stop at some of our favorite places in Southern Utah:

Pastry Pub in Cedar City Utah


Pastrami Sandwich at Pastry Pub in Cedar City

YOU. MUST. STOP. AT. PASTRY PUB. IN. CEDAR CITY, NOW!  This is the pastrami, sweet pepper, sprouts, tomato, swiss and cream cheese sandwich will blow your mind!

Recycled Design and Consign in Cedar City

Fell in love with this couch and Recycled Design and Consign in Cedar City.  

Swig Sugar Cookie and Dirty Diet Coke

I'm no longer a virgin when it comes to Swig's sugar cookies and their Dirty Diet Coke.  I won't admit to you how many times I went there this weekend, it's sickening.  

Judd's General Store in St. George

Visited the Town Square Park and grabbed a fresh hot bread stick at Judd's General Store, it was delish!

Towne Square Park in St George Utah

The beautiful popcorn blossoms

Art Galleries in St George Utah

While waiting for our table for dinner we came across an art gallery stroll, and saw some beautiful Southwestern art.

St. George Utah Spectrum 10K Race

Here's McKay crossing the finishing line at the St. George Spectrum 10K


Good job boys for finishing!


SO proud, next year, I'll be running this!  It's a goal of mine. 

Angel's Landing at Zion's National Park from Fry Sauce and Grits

Behind McKay is the second half of Angel's Landing, it's not faint for the heart.  If you're scared of heights, of dying, or being 1,500 feet off the ground, I don't recommend this hike.  


Looking back and thinking about how narrow the trail is give me anxiety! 


Here's to the top of Angel's Landing.  What a breathtaking view of Zion's National Park.  


Thanks Tanner and Erin for a fun trip!  We had so much fun.


 If you want to go down to Southern Utah, make sure to check out the 29 things you need to do down in Southern Utah go here!

1 comment:

  1. Court- it looks like the event was amazing!!!!! I am so impressed that you fit 15 girls for bras!!! So much fun. You look beautiful in all the pics . . . and now I am craving a Swig cookie. :) I can't wait until they open up here!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...