Fry Sauce & Grits: Caitlin's Wedding Sneak Peek

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Caitlin's Wedding Sneak Peek

Hello, it's me, again!

Sorry you haven't heard from me in a while, I've been busy being engaged, planning a wedding, trying to finish my last semester, work, eat, shower, ya know, just the basics. ;)

I thought I'd share a little sneak peak of what my mom and I (mostly my mom) have been planning for my upcoming nuptials.

First things first, look at that handsome guy!  I'm so lucky to be marrying him!

caitlin & sam
Photo by the lovely, Mikki Platt


As far as themes go, I think my wedding is pretty eclectic. I didn't really want to put a label on it or choose anything that was extremely trendy, although I realize that this is kind of inevitable, but needless, I wanted to stick to something that was me, and not something that I would look back five years from now and say, "What was I thinking?"

So instead I have tried to stick to putting together plans that are simple, ethereal, natural, realistic, and elegant. This has made my "theme" kind of hard to pin-point, but hopefully it is more "me" this way.

Fry Sauce & Grits




Sam and I will be having our reception at The Grand Hall at the Gateway, which used to serve as a train station for the Union Pacific Railroad until the 1970's. I love it because it's historical and it also symbolizes a transitional phase for us. 

I'm not going to paint a picture of how my life is full of bliss right now, because wedding planning is very far from it, but I will say that being engaged has been a fun and exciting time. I am so grateful to have a loving fiance, and caring family/friends who have been so supportive of me while going through these past few months. I honestly couldn't have gotten this far without them.

So, what wedding planning advice do you have for a bride-to-be?


4 comments:

  1. Remember to "keep calm" because things happen while you're planning a wedding that are out of your control. Don't let the stupid things get you down and keep your eye on the "prize" so to speak, your marriage to a wonderful man. Most people won't know if anything went wrong anyway and you'll have tons of fabulous photos to remind you of your wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cat! I appreciate your words of advice. It can be easy to get caught up in the busyness of being engaged, when I really need to just soak it all in!

      Delete
  2. I think the most important thing to remember is that the marriage is the most important part, and everything else is just icing on the cake. Enjoy planning the wedding, but don't let it stress you out or make you go crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...