Fry Sauce & Grits: Leftover Corn Beef & Cabbage Melt on Irish Soda Bread

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Leftover Corn Beef & Cabbage Melt on Irish Soda Bread

So St. Patrick's Day was over a week ago and I made A LOT of corn beef and cabbage this year because I love it and one of my favorite parts to having leftovers from this meal is making this delicious and savory sandwich.  It's so easy, savory, simple, and filling.  It's perfect for lunch or a busy night when you don't have time to cook.  If you don't have to Irish Soda Bread, you can use regular bread too, but if you really want to take it to the sandwich to the next level, go here to get the bread recipe.

Leftover Corn Beef and Cabbage Melt on Irish Soda Bread from Fry Sauce and Grits

 

Leftover Corn Beef & Cabbage Melt on Irish Soda Bread makes 4 sandwiches
-1 lbs of leftover corn beef
-4 cups of leftover cabbage and onion mixture
-8 slices of Irish Soda Bread or regular bread.
-4 TBS of butter
-4 slices of any cheese you have on hand (sharp cheddar, muenster, swiss, or mozzarella)
-dijon mustard

I like to preheat the corn beef and cabbage mixture in the microwave before I start making the sandwich.  Spread a nice layer of dijon mustard on each slice of bread and a layer of butter on the other side.    Put about a 1/4 lbs of meat onto each sandwich, and anywhere to 1/2 cup to 1 cup of leftover cabbage and onion mixture on top of beef.  Then layer with cheese and put the other slice of bread on top.  Pan fry the sandwich or if you have a panini press, and cook until cheese has melted.  And you're done!  It's delicious and oh so Irish!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. This was the first year I really go into corned beef so I am looking for new ways to enjoy it next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannah! I'm so glad you've tried this stuff! It's so freakin good!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness!! This looks and sounds so good!! I didn't make corned beef this year :( so I may have to make some just so I can make this with the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Serene! It is really good! You should totally make some Corn Beef!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...