Fry Sauce & Grits: What's in my bag?: New mommy edition

Monday, March 10, 2014

What's in my bag?: New mommy edition

Call me a creep, but I love to see what other women keep in their handbags.  It is super interesting to me, and I think it can tell you a lot about a person.

You've probably seen those edited articles in magazines of what celebrities carry in their handbags, everything looks polished and pretty. Well, I wanted to share what I consider my essentials because as a new mom, I carry a lot less makeup and random things, and a lot more baby gear!




So, this is what I actually have in my handbag right now--my essentials.




1. My bag: a Kate Spade tote bag, in patent leather.  Read: it wipes off easily.  I bought this online during a Kate Spade flash sale, and got a great deal!  I was looking for a regular tote bag instead of a diaper bag so I could just carry one bag.  The only downside is, it's a little smaller then I thought it was when I ordered it.  The good thing about it being small is I really try and minimize what I carry in it.  

2. One of my favorite baby purchases is this Jonathon Adler Skip Hop changing case.  It was a lucky find at TJ Maxx!  It houses diapers, wipes, tissues, a plastic bag for smellies or barfies, and a changing pad for when you're out and about and you don't want baby's cheeks touching the germs.  

3.  This Bobbi Brown makeup bag holds all my lip products, my hand cream and my hand sanitizer.

4.  Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes, because we don't want the flu people.

5.  A Bath and Body works mini anti-bacterial hand gel that smells WAY too fruity, but hey we have it, so let's use it up.

6.  A Bobbi Brown Extra hand cream because if I don't use a hand cream after I wash my hands then I feel like my hands are so dry I can't touch anything.  So instead of going crazy, I almost always carry one.  It's stupid--but it's a real fear.

7.  Car keys 

8.  A spare "onesie" in case we have a blowout accident--then baby won't be nude.

9.  A Carter's bib and a Swaddle Designs burp cloth

10.  My Gucci sunglasses that I bought from a friend in California who liked to hoard designer frames, and then sell them to me for ridiculously cheap prices.  I miss her!  I never owned a designer pair until she sold me her old Prada pair.  And then I realized how much nicer designer shades are.  Now I can never go back.

11.  My Hobo wallet in a dark green color.  It holds every receipt, coupon and punch card you can imagine.  It even holds two check books--and in a pinch, I grab it, throw my phone inside and go!

12.  An arsenal of lippies.  I used to carry a whole makeup bag with me, but since I have become a mom I only carry lip products.  Maybe come summer I'll need a compact.  But, for now it's just lips!

I love the Fresh Sugar lip balms because they impart a healthy dose of color and an SPF 15, without it looking like you're wearing lipstick.  Right now I have the Petal color and the Berry color in my bag.  But I also use the Coral, Plum and Honey colors sometimes depending on the season and my mood.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey.  I saw it on a trusted friend's Instagram feed (thanks Chels!) and had to try it! Love it.

A Clinique Superbalm in Currant because I came across it in my "pre-mom" purse a few days ago and decided I wanted it back in rotation.  It gives a little more shine then the others do.

13.  A pen.  Because you won't really need it, but the second you take it out of your bag you will desperately NEED it.

14.  Aquaphor for when my lips are really dry, works on cuticles and in a pinch as a hand cream too.

15.  A Larabar in Coconut Cream Pie, the best flavor!  Great for when you have to run out the door and you haven't had a chance to eat yet, or for snacking during errands.

16.  Gin Gins are a ginger flavored candy for gingers.  Actually, I started sucking on these when I was prego to help with the nausea and I really like them now.  There are usually a few floating around in my bag. And I usually always have some gum wrappers at the bottom of my bag and accompanying ripped pack of Stride gum.

17.  An Avent formula holder.

18.  A pink Avent pacifier.

19.  A Chipotle receipt from dinner last night.

20.  A Medela bottle

So there you have it, my purse guts on display. I left my Iphone out of the picture, and let's be honest, that is probably one of the most important things for your purse!

What do you HAVE to have in your purse at all times?



1 comment:

  1. Ah bless you, I miss those mummy to a baby days! I have a huge bag for work which holds a ridiculous amount of stuff so I never clean it out - probably should - most important thing in there is my lunch! For non work I keep to a little bag - less stuff - purse, phone, tissues, pen, keys, handcream, lippie. I'm sorry to break it to you but my youngest is now 14 and lipstick is still the only makeup I take everywhere (unless it's a night out then I go crazy and have an eye liner too!) I think it just becomes habit, actually its not even a real lipstick its a tinted lip balm so I don;t need a mirror to put it on, how lazy is that!
    Anyway I think you are very brave exposing the insides of your bag, and well done on the bargain designer acquirements!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...